September 3, 2022
Medi-spas have helped many achieve fresh, flawless skin by providing various cosmetic services and skin care treatments. Two procedures that most medi-spas offer today are micro-needling and laser hair removal. While both produce stunning results, they can permanently affect your skin, if not done correctly. This will likely occur if you work with an inexperienced esthetician, pick a medi-spa with inferior equipment or staff with inadequate training.
As skin-care experts in Edmonton, AB, Tropicalaser know how to design treatment plans that will fit your skincare needs, lifestyle and budget. We use advanced technology and equipment to assure safety and strive to make you feel comfortable throughout your experience.
If you’re considering laser hair removal and advanced skin treatments in Edmonton, AB to help you look and feel your best, you want to ensure that the medi-spa you choose offers superior quality equipment and minimizes any risks. Read on to know how you can receive safe and effective treatments for two procedures provided in the medical spa environment – micro-needling and laser hair removal.
Micro-needling is a skin procedure that is known to reduce wrinkles, acne, scars, stretch marks, etc. However, to get the best results, you need to be fully informed about the profile of the needle, the esthetician’s qualifications, the sterility of the environment, and so on.
Clients who undergo treatment with little to no knowledge could end up doing more harm than good to their skin. We often have similar clients who complain that the procedure done at another medi-spa made their skin worse. This is likely due to an inferior quality device, and usually, a needle with a blade-like profile which can damage your skin.
You should also be wary of medi-spas offering cheap services! A potential client recently told us that a competitor was offering them a service at a lower price than our actual consumable cost for the treatment. This is a clear indication that the equipment used is inferior and dangerous.
To ensure you receive the highest quality treatment, here are a few questions you can ask your esthetician:
1. Will micro-needling be effective for my skin concern?
2. What training and experience do you have?
3. Will you be using a Health Canada approved device?
4. Are the micro-needles replaced for every procedure?
5. Is the serum (hyaluronic acid) used sterile?
6. How long is the procedure?
7. What are the pre and post-treatment protocols?
8. What is the downtime after treatment?
Laser Hair Removal.
Laser hair removal is an unregulated industry in Alberta. Therefore, it is essential to ask your technician if they are trained and certified. It is also crucial to inquire about the safety of your laser – what type of laser technology will the technician use? (E.g. IPL, YAG, Alex) Is the laser calibrated and maintained regularly?
Note that if the machine is not calibrated regularly, the technician may be running somewhat blind and can, therefore, overtreat or undertreat your skin.
To prevent any adverse outcome, the answers to these questions can help you find the right medi-spa or laser hair removal center:
1. Is the medi-spa facility clean and welcoming?
2. Do they perform a patch test during the consultation process?
3. Do they take time to answer all the questions you have?
4. Do they take time to explain the principles of laser hair removal to you and what your expectations should be?
5. Do they provide full disclosure on pricing and expectations?
6. Do they offer a consent form?
7. Do they offer a comprehensive take-home copy of pre and post-treatment protocols?
8. Do they pressure you into making a decision you may later regret?
If you haven’t found a medi-spa in Edmonton, AB that can assure safety and a level of quality, reach out to the professionals at Tropicalaser. Our services include laser hair removal, micro-needling, skin tightening, skin rejuvenation, body sculpting, and cellulite reduction. We also use FDA approved genuine lasers, best in class Radio Frequency (RF) technology, as well as offer a clean, comfortable spa-like facility. We even provide attractive discounts on our services and the option of online booking.
To learn more about our services, please click here. To schedule an appointment or if you have any questions about micro-needling or laser hair removal, get in touch with us today or book online now.