Tropicalaser provides professional body sculpting, skin tightening & cellulite reduction treatments in Edmonton, AB.
The Venus Legacy is the most advanced non-invasive treatment to shrink and destroy fat cells, significantly reduce cellulite, tighten skin, and improve lymphatic drainage.
Using radio frequency heat, and pulsed electromagnetism, the Venus Legacy causes shrinkage of fat cells, improved lymphatic drainage and, over a longer period, cell death.
Avail 25% Off on Cellulite Reduction Call Now
The Venus Legacy can be used on almost all areas of the face and body for circumferential reduction, skin tightening and cellulite reduction. And, as an added bonus, it helps to shrink stretch marks, pockmarks, and scars!
* Please note, results may vary from patient to patient and results are not guaranteed. Free consultation is required to assess client requirements.
Body sculpting, skin tightening and cellulite reduction FAQ's
How does it work?
At Tropicalaser we use the Venus Legacy platform for body sculpting, skin tightening and cellulite reduction. This is simply the most advanced technology available today using radio frequency to generate heat to induce lipolysis (fat reduction) and stimulate collagen synthesis, and pulsed electro-magnetism to increase lymphatic drainage.
The highly advanced and unique multipolar handpiece allows the Legacy to heat the body to the optimum temperature for lipolysis in the range of 42 – 450C (for faces 39 – 410C ) to a depth of 4.25 cm (3.25 cm for faces) both safely and painlessly. Over the course of multiple treatments, the Legacy’s continued insult to the fat cells causes a mechanism known as apoptosis to occur (cell death). This means that not only is the fat content of the cells diminished, but also the number of fat cells available is drastically reduced.
Is Treatment with the Venus Legacy painful?
Not at all. During your treatment, your technician will apply Glide (a patented gel-like substance) to the area being treated, and then apply the hand-piece for 15 - 25 minutes, in a randomized pattern. Your body will be heated gently and painlessly to the clinically desired temperature which will feel not unlike a hot stone massage. Some people fall asleep during treatment and most find it very relaxing.
Can everyone be treated?
Almost everyone can be treated – and even slender people usually experience some loss of inches. The Venus Legacy is great for treating those stubborn pockets of fat as well as for getting rid of unwanted inches to kick-start a diet and exercise regimen.
The contra-indications for the Legacy are:
- Active inflammation or infection in the treated area;
- Current or history of cancer or premalignant condition;
- Degenerative neurological disease;
- Diseases stimulated by heat;
- Presence of an internal defibrillator or pacemaker;
- Metal implants in the treated area excluding dental implants;
- Uncontrolled thyroid disorder;
- Varicose veins;
- Pregnancy/IVF procedure;
- Silicone implants and injections in the treated area;
- Skin related autoimmune diseases.
Treatment with the Venus Legacy is not recommended:
- While breastfeeding;
- Within 1 month of having Botox or fillers in the treatment area;
- For those who suffer from epilepsy;
- Within 1 month of having facial laser resurfacing or deep chemical peels;
- Around fresh scars or wounds or scarification of the skin in the treatment area;
- For clients with telangicetasia;
- Ongoing use of isotretinoin (e.g. Roaccutane);
- Shortly after surgery;
- Clients with rosacea (no problem to treat unaffected areas).
Where can I be treated?
Anywhere where there are pockets of fat or lax skin – e.g.
- Eyes (to reduce puffiness and dark circles)
- Bust line
What about downtime?
There is absolutely no downtime with the Venus Legacy. You may resume your normal activities immediately after treatment. We strongly recommend some physical activity (a brisk walk will be sufficient) on the days following treatment.
How effective is the Venus Legacy in treating cellulite?
The Legacy is extremely effective in treating cellulite. We guarantee a one grade improvement in the appearance over a prescribed course of treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Most clients have no adverse side effects. Most common is some swelling of the area treated accompanied by a “marbled-cheese” appearance. Both should disappear in a few hours.
What results can I expect?
We will document the changes to your body using photographs and measurements. Change is gradual over the course of treatment and varies from person to person – but dramatic when seen over the whole treatment. The before and after photos posted on this website will give you some idea of what to look forward to. It is also important to note that continued improvement will be seen up to 3 months after treatment as the body gets rid of dead fat cells.
Should I make any changes to my diet and exercise regimen before or after treatment?
We will give you a full set of pre- and post-treatment recommendations to take home after your consultation. The key items are:
- Reduce your calorie intake on the day of treatment and for three days afterwards. This will prevent overloading your metabolic system and allow for maximum release of fats;
- Drink plenty of water both on the day of treatment and for three days afterwards;
- Avoid alcohol for 3 days after treatment;
- Light exercise on the day of and post treatment is highly recommended;
- Keep the treated area compressed for at least 3 hours after treatment – and up to 3 days during waking hours.
How many sessions will I require?
This varies from person to person and the desired result. We recommend 6 – 8 treatments for face and neck treatment and 8 – 10 treatments for bodies. However, if your desired outcome is simply skin tightening, without any circumferential reduction, fewer treatments may be adequate.
How frequently should I be treated?
For optimum results, treatments should be spaced 1 week apart.